Columbia Classics Resources:
- L'anneé philologique
- Papyrology and Epigraphy
- Columbia Classics Journals Call Number List
- International medieval bibliography online
This site is fantastic and nobody seems to know about it; despite the words "medieval" and "bibliography" in the title, it contains a variety of resources that deal with classical Latin and one in particular that is a great search engine, basically like the TLG.
- Patrologia latina: the full text database
Searchable texts of late antique Christian authors, the standard or perhaps the most complete collection of Christian Latin writers for the period it covers
Classics in New York City:
- The Center for the Ancient Mediterranean
- The New York Classical Club
- The NYU Institute for the Study of the Ancient World
- The CUNY Latin/Greek Institute
- Perseus The premier site for all things Greek and, to a lesser extent, Roman. Mirror site at Berlin.
- Diotima The premier site for the study of women and gender in ancient Greece and Rome. Bibliographies, images, Anthologyof translated texts and more.
- Stoa A consortium for electronic publication in the Humanities, including most notably: Suda-On-Line English translation of the Suda, a 10th century Byzantine historical encyclopedia. Demos: Classical Athenian Democracy; a practical description of how the various institutions of Athenian democracy actually worked. Metis Bruce Hartzler's collection of interactive QTVR panoramas for ancient Greek archaeological sites. And Medicina Antiqua A resource for the study of medicine in the Greek and Roman world.
- Resources on Ancient Greek from UC Berkeley Pronunciation Guide; Accentuation Drills; Vocabulary Drills; and much more.
- Ancient Greek Grammar on the Web; comprehensive and rated survey of available materials by Marc Huys, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium; includes page on Greek Fonts.
- What happened when? The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Timeline of Art History.
- Pinax Online An Annotated List of Web Bibliographies on the Ancient Greek World by Marc Huys, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium.
- Resources on Ancient Greek Myth from UC Berkeley; also excellent collection of links organized by topic.
- Resources on Ancient Greek Religion from UC Berkeley; also excellent collection of links organized by topic.
- Hellenic History on the Internet from the Stone Age through the Modern Period from The Foundation of the Hellenic World (FHW), a non-profit cultural institution based in Athens, Greece.
- Hellenic Culture Website of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture, with sites on all of the Museums, Monuments and Archaeological Sites of Greece.
- Athenian Agora Excavations Comprehensive survey of the excavations directed by the American School of Classical Studies.
- Prehistoric Archaeology of the Aegean Jeremy B. Rutter's lectures and illustrations. Dartmouth University.
- Interactive Dig: the Anglo-American Project in Pompeii hosted by Archaeology Magazine
- Forum Romanum Texts, translations, articles, and other pedagogical resources, including Corpus Scriptorum Latinoru.
- VRoma Online scholarly community of teachers and students who share an interest in the ancient Roman world; images, texts, history and many other resources.
- For a complete index of all the published volumes of the ANRW(Aufstieg und Niedergang der rÃ¶mischen Welt).
- GNOMON online for recent journal articles and book in the Classics. Type general search term under "Alle Felder" (All Fields) or specific "Autor" (Author) and hit "Suche Starten" (Start search)."
- Ancient World Mapping Center at the University of North Carolina. Cartographic resources, including a collection of free digital maps for educational use.
- The first two chapters of Homosexuality in Greece and Rome: A Sourcebook of Basic Documents, edited by Thomas K. Hubbard (University of California Press, 2003); invaluable collection of texts and images.
- Ancient Scripts Nice site by an amateur enthusiast. Check out Linear B!
- Bryn Mawr Classical Review Reviews of new and recently published works in all fields of Classical Studies.
- Want more? In addition to Language, Literature, Archaeology and History, the unique and comprehensive field of Classical Studies includes the study of ancient writings on